5 months later....

Let's start off with financial responsibility. Did I get out of debt? Sort of. Do I still owe large sums of money? Yes. I am trying not to rely on income taxes to alleviate the stress I feel from financial woes, but let's face it... thousands of dollars in one lump sum really, really helps. My goal is to be 100% debt free in 2010, again with the help of my taxes. However, with the loss of my job a few months ago, I fear that my taxes will not be what I am accustomed to and my goal is going to be prolonged farther out than hoped for. Even with that little set back I am following my motto, "Expect the worst and hope for the best." Pay what I can and figure out the rest as I tackle it.
I attended an amusing and informational sermon spanning 3 Sundays, courtesy of Dave Ramsey (http://www.daveramsey.com/). He had everything, then lost it, only to build himself back up debt free and a whole hell of a lot smarter. He just reminded us that everything you need to know about debt, money and life is in the bible. Who knew? Even though he covered things that are common sense like, save your money, was brought to the table in a format that made you really stop and think for a second. No credit cards? But what if....? No, but what here! If you do not owe on credit cards, think of all the money you can put into a savings account and if something happens, you do not have to rely on interest rates or over draft fee's. It is all sitting in the bank quietly earning YOU interest.
I decided to apply this "new found" information to my every day financial life and revive my resolution for financial responsibility. I intend to lose my credit cards in a deep abyss somewhere in my Mom's house, and make my monthly payments (I always pay more than is due anyway), and if it works out, pay off the remaining balances with my taxes. Yeah, I went there again. Even though my credit card debt is not nearly as high as most Americans, it is definitely more than I want to pay or even owe. I am a slave to financial institutions and I am going to break the chains!

Car payment, where? Credit card bill, where? Collection agencies calling my house 24/7? No More!

posted under , |

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home
My photo
For 3 years I have been a stay at home mom after I lost my job during the recession. Now I am pursuing a degree in Nursing, while taking care of my 2 daughters and our pug, Ruby. We are just dealing with life as it happens, overcoming one obstacle at a time.

Recent Comments